Digital DNA, Northern Ireland’s own digital facilitators, tasked Media Lab with developing an engaging and innovative activation to mark the Digital DNA tourism conference.
The event, which included speakers from Google, Expedia, Yotel, Hospitality Ulster and lastminute.com, was designed to inspire Northern Ireland’s leading businesses to fully embrace digital technology to raise their global profile and drive Northern Ireland’s tourism potential.
Media Lab set about curating an activation that was not only relevant to the tourism sector but also demonstrated the power of digital technology.
Media Lab worked closely with the Digital DNA team to fully understand their objectives as digital facilitators as well as to ensure that they created an activation that stood up to the scrutiny of some of the world’s leading tech pioneers and organisations.
The team created a bespoke photo booth experience that would allow conference attendees to experience three iconic global tourism landmarks, all from the comfort of Titanic Belfast.
Leveraging green screen technology and the Digital DNA Around the World Selfie Pod, attendees were treated to a vacation in their breaks and intervals where they were invited to ‘jet off’ to:
- Northern Ireland’s UNESCO World Heritage Giant’s Causeway
- New York’s bustling and bright Times Square, or
- Italy’s mysterious Leaning Tower of Pisa
- More than half of the 400 delegates at the Digital DNA tourism conference were delighted by the chance to visit and holiday in the Digital DNA Around the World Selfie Pod for the unique global photo experience.
- The engaging brand activation also allowed for immediate sharing of gifs that could be uploaded to social media with designated hashtags allowing for extended social reach
- Every fan was able to take home a fully branded printout as a ‘holiday memento’ from the day